Western Ghats Eco Walk – Poster Exhibits
We would like to invite you to join us in our 2017 Community Action Program entitled Western Ghats Eco Walk. In June 2017 a participatory walk from the Jog Falls to Shivamogga will be organised by SARA Centre in collaboration with local organisations.
The walk is envisioned as a peace march with a focus on mass community outreach; and an emphasis on generating discourses on environment amongst regional agrarian communities. This community focussed participatory event is likely to attract a significant footfall of farmers, students, academia, environmentalists, artists and enthusiasts.
This is the fifth in a line of programs initiated by the SARA Centre. The walk will be interspersed with a series of events during its 6 day period including talks, screenings, exhibitions presentations and performances (read more about the program).
To leverage the power of the arts as agents of change, this Community Action Program is actively seeking contributions in the form of posters from national and international artists, designers, students, and academia and we are anticipating to collect more than 300 such posters from various sources.
We invite you to contribute ideas via a poster that reflects your views on the need for environment protection, conservation or climate change.
A reprint of your poster will accompany the community action and will be exhibited alongside the walk, throughout the route from the Jog Falls to Shivamogga. The original poster will become a part of SARA Centre’s permanent archival collection and will be exhibited on site and in other known galleries in India periodically.
- We are seeking half imperial size posters (22 x 15 inches, or 559 x 381 mm).
- The poster could be either in soft copy or hard copy
- We would like to collect all the poster contributions latest by February 15, 2017 so that we can commence publicity and social media communications about the poster collection.
- To send us a soft copy please email us at:
- To send us a hard copy please mail it to this address:
- Arunkumar H G, Plot no. 76, Sector 55, Gurgaon – 122011, Haryana, India
Thanking you for your support and looking forward to your contribution.
SARA Centre Management
Please click here to view a list of artists who have already confirmed to send us a poster
For your kind reference here are a few posters from around the web that we like: